Summer is in full swing in McCall Town!
Outdoor events, festivals and great live music all over town. Plus, the HUCKLEBERRIES ARE ON!
Here are “Julie’s Picks” for the weekend of Thursday July 19th through Sunday July 22nd:
THURSDAY, JULY 19TH:
~~McCall Chamber Business After Hours aboard “The Idaho” with McCall Lake Cruises, 5:00 to 9:00pm. Generously hosted by McCall Weddings and Delish Catering!
***THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT! *** Contact the McCall Chamber for more details or possible cancellations***
~~Live music at Mile High Marina, Big Mac & The Noise, 6:00 to 9:00pm.
~~Locals’ Night at the Summer Music Festival at Roseberry Idaho (July 19th, 20th & 21st – 2018). Get info at www.thesummermusicfestival.com.
FRIDAY, JULY 2OTH:
~~ Summer Music Festival at Roseberry Idaho (July 19th, 20th & 21st – 2018). Get info at www.thesummermusicfestival.com.
SATURDAY, JULY 21ST:
~~McCall’s Farmer’s Market 10:00am to 2:00pm above Depot Park and across the street from Razzle Dazzle.
~~ Summer Music Festival at Roseberry Idaho (July 19th, 20th & 21st – 2018). Get Info at www.thesummermusicfestival.com.
~~Live music at Mile High Marina, Shiny Shoe Bob, 6:00 to 9:00pm.
SUNDAY, JULY 22ND:
~~Third Annual Rose’ Tasting at Jug Mountain Ranch from 3:00 to 6:00pm. Twenty different wines, wine makers, light appetizers and live music! Tickets are $25 at the door. This is a DO NOT MISS!
~~ Live music at Mile High Marina, Wisdom & Wonder, noon to 3:00pm; then SBST Jazz Duo, 5:00 to 8:00pm.
***COMING SOON SO MARK YOUR CALENDARS!***
THURSDAY, JULY 26TH:
~~MCPAWS Auction for the Animals at River Ranch!
FRIDAY, JULY 27TH:
~~Antique Wooden Boat Show at Shore Lodge (through Sunday July 29th).
SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH: The Barn Concert benefiting Shepherd’s Home. Tickets and more info here.
***MORE FUN IN THE LAKE AND SUN!***
1. Get out on beautiful Payette Lake! Rent boats and SUPS from @MileHighMarina and rent SUPS and kayaks from Backwoods Adventures at North Beach. Or cruise the lake in style aboard “The Idaho” with McCall Lake Cruises. Their office is located at the entrance of the Yacht Club. Call (208) 634-5253 for their summer cruise schedule.
2. Jug Mountain Ranch is open for golf, dining, hiking and mountain bike riding! Call them for more details at (208) 634-5072. The McCall Golf Course is open for play and dining as well! Call them at (208) 634-7200 for tee times and dining hours.
3. For the active souls, hiking and biking is outstanding right now. Bear Basin, Ponderosa State Park, Jug Mountain Ranch, Brundage Mountain, Goose Creek Falls, Boulder/Louie Lake, and too many other locales to mention. Make sure to pick up your maps at the McCall Chamber Office.
4. Live Music: Typically at Crusty’s Pizza McCall, The Anchor, Broken Horn Brewing Company, The Yacht Club and Foresters. Check out their Facebook pages for times and dates.
5. Eats & Drinks: So many wonderful places to wine and dine in McCall. My go-to faves are Rupert’s Restaurant, The Sushi Bar McCall, Bistro 45, The Salmon River Brewery, Steamers Steak & Seafood Restaurant, Shore Lodge – McCall, Idaho, Ruby’s Kitchen, McCall Brewing Company, 2 Sisters Country Store in Lake Fork, the new Café 6Three4, and of course Stacey Cakes!
6. Wine & Beer: Bistro 45 has a great “wine wall” and perfect courtyard to sip and savor or play a game or two of bocce ball, but also try Mountain Java for their cool wine collection and adorable outdoor wine bar.
7. Rent a bike at Gravity Sports, Hometown Sports, or try the zippy electric bicycles at Apex – electric bike rentals and sales in the Alpine Village McCall condo Complex.
8. Visit MCPAWS Regional Animal Shelter and adopt a Furrever Friend! It’s kitten season!
9. Did someone say “shopping”? There are so many fun shops in and around McCall. My faves? Razzle Dazzle, McCall Jewelry Company, Mountain Monkey Business, Gravity Sports, Hometown Sports!
#juliespicks #summerinmccall #mymccall #mccallidaho
Julie Conrad is an Idaho Native who spent much of her early life in McCall at her family’s cabin, and now calls McCall her full-time home. In 2012 Conrad created McCall Marketing Solutions because she enjoys promoting local small businesses and events. Among other volunteering endeavors, Conrad is a member of the MCPAWS and Kit Worthington Foundation for the Arts boards.[Cover photo of huckleberries by Julie Conrad.]