The mornings may be a bit more “crisp” this time of year in the mountains of Idaho, but there is still plenty of summer fun and live music to be had in our little mountain town of McCall!
Here are “Julie’s Picks” for the weekend of August 16th – 19th:
(Keep in mind these are just events that come up on my radar, and that I am interested in potentially attending. It is nowhere near an all-inclusive list of all things going on in McCall, but rather a glimpse of the myriad of things to see and do in our beautiful town.)
THURSDAY, AUGUST 16TH:
~~Live music at the Anchor Restaurant with Mountain Fever, 6:00-8:00pm.
~~Live music at Mile High Marina, Cunningham & Moss, 6:00-9:00pm.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 17TH:
~~ A very special Trunk Show at McCall Jewelry Company featuring the beautiful works of J. Kennedy! Friday, August 17th, 10:30am to 6:00pm.
~~Live music at Mountain Java with John Costa, 5:00-8:00pm.
~~Live music at Mile High Marina with Wyatt Hurts, 6:00-9:00pm.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 18TH:
~~ Payette Lakes Fine Arts & Crafts Faire at Golden Glove Park, 10:00am to 6:00pm. This outdoor, juried, fine arts event presents an opportunity to talk with and purchase art directly from the artist, experience live music, and enjoy a variety of food vendors under a shaded picnic area. Over 75 artists from across the country. For more information visit https://
~~ Live music at Mile High Marina with Wyatt Hurts, 6:00-9:00pm.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 19TH:
~~ Payette Lakes Fine Arts & Crafts Faire at Golden Glove Park, 10:00am to 4:00pm. This outdoor, juried, fine arts event presents an opportunity to talk with and purchase art directly from the artist, experience live music, and enjoy a variety of food vendors under a shaded picnic area. Over 75 artists from across the country. For more information, visit https://
~~Live music at Mile High Marina with Wisdom & Wonder, Noon-3:00pm.
~~Live music at Jug Mountain Ranch with Open Range, 7:00-8:30pm.
MORE FUN ON THE LAKE AND IN THE SUN!
1. Get out on beautiful Payette Lake! Rent Boats and SUPS from @MileHighMarina and rent SUPS and kayaks from Backwoods Adventures at North Beach. Or cruise the lake in style aboard “The Idaho” with McCall Lake Cruises. Their office is located at the entrance of the Yacht Club. Call (208) 634-5253 for their Summer Cruise Schedule.
2. Jug Mountain Ranch is open for golf, dining, hiking and mountain bike riding! Call them for more details at (208) 634-5072. The McCall Golf Course is open for play and dining as well! Call them at (208) 634-7200 for tee times and dining hours.
3. For the active souls, hiking and biking is outstanding right now. Bear Basin, Ponderosa State Park, Jug Mountain Ranch, Brundage Mountain, Goose Creek Falls, Boulder/Louie Lake, and too many other locales to mention. Make sure to pick up your maps at the McCall Chamber Office!
4. Live music: Typically at Crusty’s Pizza McCall, The Anchor, Broken Horn Brewing Company, The Yacht Club and Foresters. Check out their Facebook pages for times and dates.
5. Eats & drinks: So many wonderful places to wine and dine in McCall. My go-to faves are Rupert’s Restaurant, The Sushi Bar McCall, Bistro 45, The Salmon River Brewery, Steamers Steak & Seafood Restaurant, Shore Lodge – McCall, Idaho, Ruby’s Kitchen, McCall Brewing Company, 2 Sisters Country Store in Lake Fork, the new Café 6three4, and of course Stacey Cakes!
6. Wine & beer: Bistro 45 has a great “wine wall” and perfect courtyard to sip and savor or play a game or two of bocce ball, but also try Mountain Java for their cool wine collection and adorable outdoor wine bar.
7. Rent a bike at Gravity Sports, Hometown Sports, or try the zippy electric bicycles at Apex – electric bike rentals and sales in the Alpine Village McCall condo complex.
8. Visit MCPAWS Regional Animal Shelter and adopt a furrever friend! It’s kitten season!
9. Did someone say “shopping?” There are so many fun shops in and around McCall. My faves? Razzle Dazzle, McCall Jewelry Company, Mountain Monkey Business, Gravity Sports, Hometown Sports!
Julie Conrad is an Idaho Native who spent much of her early life in McCall at her family’s cabin, and now calls McCall her full-time home. In 2012 Conrad created McCall Marketing Solutions because she enjoys promoting local small businesses and events. Among other volunteering endeavors, Conrad is a member of the MCPAWS and Kit Worthington Foundation for the Arts boards.
(Cover photo by Julie Conrad.)