Locals longingly wait for this time of year: warm days, cool crisp nights, a little slower pace, and one ‘last hurrah.” Autumn is indeed knocking on our door! But that doesn’t mean there isn’t plenty to do this Labor Day Weekend in McCall Town.
*Insider’s Tip: Check out our area’s newest restaurant “Ragazza Di Bufalo” in the old Buffalo Gal locale in Donnelly.
IN-credible Italian cuisine by the famed Chef Steve Topple, formerly of Whitetail Club. Reservations are HIGHLY recommended for this already hugely popular new dining establishment!* (Read McCall Digest’s profile of Chef Steve Topple here.)
Here are Julie’s Picks for the holiday weekend of August 30th through September 3rd:
(Keep in mind these are just events that come up on my radar, and that I am interested in potentially attending. It is nowhere near an all-inclusive list of all things going on in McCall, but rather a glimpse of the myriad of things to see and do in our beautiful town.)
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 2ND:
~~Live music at Mile High Marina with Dennis Cleary, 5:00-8:00pm.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3RD:
**Happy Labor Day!**
~~Live music at Mile High Marina with Wisdom & Wonder, noon-3:00pm.
MORE FUN IN THE LAKE AND SUN!
1. Get out on beautiful Payette Lake! Rent boats and SUPS from @MileHighMarina and rent SUPS and kayaks from Backwoods Adventures at North Beach. Or cruise the lake in style aboard “The Idaho” with McCall Lake Cruises. Their office is located at the entrance of the Yacht Club. Call (208) 634-5253 for their summer cruise schedule.
2. Jug Mountain Ranch is open for golf, dining, hiking and mountain bike riding! Call them for more details at (208) 634-5072. The McCall Golf Course is open for play and dining as well! Call them at (208) 634-7200 for tee times and dining hours.
3. For the active souls, hiking and biking is outstanding right now. Bear Basin, Ponderosa State Park, Jug Mountain Ranch, Brundage Mountain, Goose Creek Falls, Boulder/Louie Lake, and too many other locales to mention. Make sure to pick up your maps at the McCall Chamber Office!
4. Live music: Typically at Crusty’s Pizza McCall, The Anchor, Broken Horn Brewing Company, The Yacht Club and Foresters. Check out their Facebook pages for times and dates.
5. Eats & drinks: So many wonderful places to wine and dine in McCall. My go-to faves are the BRAND NEW @Ragazza di Bufalo in Donnelly at the old Buffalo Gal locale, Rupert’s Restaurant, The Sushi Bar McCall, Bistro 45, The Salmon River Brewery, Steamers Steak & Seafood Restaurant, Shore Lodge – McCall, Idaho, Ruby’s Kitchen, McCall Brewing Company, 2 Sisters Country Store in Lake Fork, the new Café 6three4, and of course Stacey Cakes!
6. Wine & Beer: Bistro 45 has a great “wine wall” and perfect courtyard to sip and savor or play a game or two of bocce ball, but also try Mountain Java for their cool wine collection and adorable outdoor wine bar.
7. Rent a bike at Gravity Sports, Hometown Sports, or try the zippy electric bicycles at Apex – electric bike rentals and sales in the Alpine Village McCall condo Complex.
8. Visit MCPAWS Regional Animal Shelter and adopt a Furrever Friend!
9. Did someone say “shopping?” There are so many fun shops in and around McCall. My faves? Razzle Dazzle, McCall Jewelry Company, Mountain Monkey Business, Gravity Sports, Hometown Sports!
Julie Conrad is an Idaho native who spent much of her early life in McCall at her family’s cabin, and now calls McCall her full-time home. In 2012 Conrad created McCall Marketing Solutions because she enjoys promoting local small businesses and events. Among other volunteering endeavors, Conrad is a member of the MCPAWS and Kit Worthington Foundation for the Arts boards.
(Cover photo by Julie Conrad.)