What a fabulous 4th of July we had in McCall Town!
Hope you and yours had a wonderful relaxing holiday, but as we locals know…it “ain’t over yet!”
Here are Julie’s Picks for the weekend. (Keep in mind these are just events that come up on my radar, and that I am interested in potentially attending. It is nowhere near an all-inclusive list of all things going on in McCall, but rather a glimpse of the myriad of things to see and do in our beautiful town.)
FRIDAY, JULY 6TH:
~~2nd annual “Red, White and Bear BBQ” at Bear Creek Lodge, 3:00-8:00pm. Bounce house for kids, lawn games, guided tours, paddle boat rides and food and drink specials!
~~Fiesta Friday at Veg’d Out in the Hotel McCall Courtyard, 4:00-7:00pm. Food and drink specials and live music by talented locals!
~~Live music with Wyatt Hurts at Mile High Marina. 6:00-9:00pm. You won’t want to miss out on this evening of great tunes and general shenanigans!
~~Live music at Crusty’s Pizza with Bread & Circus, 7:00-10:00pm.
SATURDAY, JULY 7TH:
~~Art at the Barn, noon-6:00pm. Live music by Scotty Tyler 4:00-6:00pm at the Activity Barn in McCall. Arts and crafts for kids, beer tent, food and drink and games for the whole family!
~~Pints for a Purpose, Salmon River Brewery. Support the Little Ski Hill by heading over to Salmon River Brewery anytime during business hours (11:00am to 10:30pm) on Saturday, July 7th. SRB will donate $1 from every pint sold that day to Little Ski Hill. Drink any pint of your choice, but we certainly recommend their pale ale “The Big Swingin’ T” named in honor of our little hill and the iconic T-bar!
~~Art on the Lake at Gallery 55 in downtown McCall, 4:00-8:00pm. Music by Mike Rutledge, complimentary wine from Bistro 45, plus tasty appetizers to enjoy while you peruse this beautiful art gallery.
~~Live music with Wyatt Hurts (Reprise) at Mile High Marina 6:00-9:00pm.
SUNDAY, JULY 8TH:
~~Live music with Wisdom and Wonder at Mile High Marina, noon-3:00pm.
~~Live music with the incomparable Steve Eaton at Rupert’s, 6:00-9:00pm.
MORE FUN IN THE LAKE AND SUN!
1. Get out on beautiful Payette Lake! Rent boats and SUPS from @MileHighMarina and rent SUPS and kayaks from Backwoods Adventures at North Beach . Or cruise the lake in style aboard “The Idaho” with McCall Lake Cruises; their office is located at the entrance of the Yacht Club. Call (208) 634-5253 for their summer cruise schedule.
2. Jug Mountain Ranch is open for golf, dining, hiking and mountain bike riding! Call them for more details at (208) 634-5072. The McCall Golf Course is open for play and dining as well! Call them at (208) 634-7200 for tee times and dining hours.
3. For the active souls, hiking and biking is outstanding right now. Bear Basin, Ponderosa State Park, Jug Mountain Ranch, Brundage Mountain, Goose Creek Falls, Boulder/Louie Lake and too many other locales to mention. Make sure to pick up your maps at the McCall Chamber office!
4. Live music: Typically at Crustys Pizza McCall, The Anchor, Broken Horn Brewing Company, The Yacht Club and Foresters. Check out their Facebook pages for times and dates.
5. Eats & drinks: So many wonderful places to wine and dine in McCall. My go-to faves are Rupert’s Restaurant, The Sushi Bar McCall, Bistro 45, The Salmon River Brewery, Steamers Steak & Seafood Restaurant, Shore Lodge – McCall, Ruby’s Kitchen, McCall Brewing Company, 2 Sisters Country Store in Lake Fork, the new Café 6three4, and of course Stacey Cakes!
6. Wine & beer: Bistro 45 has a great “wine wall” and perfect courtyard to sip and savor or play a game or two of bocce ball, but also try Mountain Java for their cool wine collection and adorable outdoor wine bar.
7. Rent a bike at Gravity Sports, Hometown Sports, or try the zippy electric bicycles at Apex – electric bike rentals and sales in the Alpine Village McCall condo complex.
8. Visit MCPAWS Regional Animal Shelter and adopt a furrever friend! It’s kitten season!
9. Did someone say “shopping?” There are so many fun shops in and around McCall. My faves? Razzle Dazzle, McCall Jewelry Company, Mountain Monkey Business, Gravity Sports, Hometown Sports!
Julie Conrad is an Idaho Native who spent much of her early life in McCall at her family’s cabin, and now calls McCall her full-time home. In 2012 Conrad created McCall Marketing Solutions because she enjoys promoting local small businesses and events. Among other volunteering endeavors, Conrad is a member of the MCPAWS and Kit Worthington Foundation for the Arts boards.[Cover photo by Julie Conrad.]