Here are “Julie’s Picks” for the weekend of June 14 – 18 in and around McCall:
Thursday June 14th:
~~Live Music with Mountain Fever at Anchor Restaurant in McCall! 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
~~Thai Night at Rupert’s Restaurant! A local’s favorite!
Friday June 15th:
~~ Mile High Marina Opening Day! Weather contingent, so call ahead. (208) 634-8605
Saturday June 16th:
~~ McCall’s Farmers Market 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Outstanding fresh baked goods, meats and produce. Don’t miss out!
~~ MCPAWS Regional Animal Shelter Bark in the Park! For more info https://www.facebook.com/events/2027667677479904/.
Sunday June 17th:
~~Live Music at Mile High Marina (weather contingent so Call ahead).
~~ Jeff Crosby + The Refugees in concert Sunday 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm at Cougar Dave’s in Donnelly! Heard last night that this GIG is SOLD OUT, but call Cougar Dave’s to confirm (208) 325-4005
Monday June 18th:
~~The Payette Lakes Progressive Club Fashion Show and Fundraiser! 11:00 am at Shore Lodge – McCall, Idaho
This fun event and luncheon sells out each year, so Call for more info! 208- 634-7049.
1. McCall Golf Club is OPEN for play. Call the Pro Shop for more info on dining and hours of operation. (208) 634-7200.
2. Jug Mountain Ranch is open for golf, dining, and mountain bike riding! Call them for more details at (208) 634-5072.
3. For the active souls, hiking and biking is outstanding right now. Bear Basin, Ponderosa State Park, Jug Mountain Ranch, Goose Creek Falls, Boulder/Louie Lake (check for snow levels), and too many other locales to mention. Morels are still out there, so don’t forget to look DOWN occasionally!
4. Live Music: Typically at Crustys Pizza McCall, The Anchor, Broken Horn Brewing Company, The Yacht Club and Foresters. Check out their FB pages for times and dates.
5. Eats & Drinks: So many wonderful places to wine and dine in McCall….My go-to faves are Rupert’s Restaurant, The Sushi Bar McCall, Bistro 45, The Salmon River Brewery, Steamers Steak & Seafood Restaurant, Shore Lodge – McCall, Idaho, Ruby’s Kitchen, McCall Brewing Company, and of course Stacey Cakes!
6. Wine & Beer: Bistro 45 has a great “wine wall” and perfect courtyard to sip and savor, but also try Mountain Java for their cool wine collection.
7. Rent a bike at Gravity Sports, Hometown Sports, or try the zippy electric bicycles at Apex – electric bike rentals and sales in the Alpine Village McCall condo complex.
8. Get out on beautiful Payette Lake! Rent boats and SUPS from @MileHighMarina and rent SUPS and Kayaks from Backwoods Adventures at North Beach (call to make sure they are open). Or cruise the lake in style aboard “The Idaho” with McCall Lake Cruises. Their office is located at the entrance of the Yacht Club. Call (208) 634-5253 for their summer cruise schedule.
9. Visit MCPAWS Regional Animal Shelter and adopt a Furrever Friend! It’s kitten season!
Julie Conrad is an Idaho Native who spent much of her early life in McCall at her family’s cabin, and now calls McCall her full-time home. In 2012 Conrad created McCall Marketing Solutions because she enjoys promoting local small businesses and events. Among other volunteering endeavors, Conrad is a member of the MCPAWS and Kit Worthington Foundation for the Arts boards.[Cover photo by Julie Conrad.]