It’s gearing up to be yet another rockin’ weekend in McCall, particularly for all you live music lovers out there!
Here are Julie’s Picks for the coming weekend. (Keep in mind these are just events that come up on my radar, and that I am interested in potentially attending. It is nowhere near an all-inclusive list of all things going on in McCall, but rather a glimpse of the myriad of things to see and do in our beautiful town}.
THURSDAY, JUNE 28th:
~~Live Music at Mile High Marina with SBST Jazz Trio, 5:00-8:00pm.
FRIDAY, JUNE 29th:
~~***Today begins the McCall Chamber’s “10 days of Fun” in McCall for the Fourth of July Holiday!
There are far too many events to list here, so make sure to pick up your copy of this packed-full-of-fun guide at the Chamber Office and in businesses around town for all there is to see and do in McCall during the holiday!
~~Fiesta Friday at Veg’d Out with local live music and food and drink specials 4:00pm-7:00pm.
~~Live Music at Mile High Marina with Big Mac & The Noise, 6:00-9:00pm
~~Live Music at Brundage Mountain Resort with Dodgy Mountain Men 6:00pm-9:00pm as part of their TGIF Free Summer Concert Series. Contact Brundage Mountain for ticket and dinner info.
~~Live Music at Jug Mountain Ranch. The Seattle School of Rock instructors are putting on an exclusive performance! $10.00 cover charge includes one glass of wine or beer. Doors open at 6:00pm.
~~Live Music at Broken Horn Brewing Company with Bottom Line Band 6:00pm-9:00pm.
SATURDAY, JUNE 30th:
~~ McCall Chamber Block Party! 3:00pm-6:00pm at local businesses all over town. Specials and sales on merchandise, food and drink! See the Chamber 10 Days of Fun Guide for details.
~~Live Music at Mile High Marina with Bottom Line Band, 6:00pm-9:00pm.
1. Get out on beautiful Payette Lake! Rent Boats and SUPS from @MileHighMarina and rent SUPS and Kayaks from Backwoods Adventures at North Beach. Or cruise the lake in style aboard “The Idaho” with McCall Lake Cruises. Their office is located at the entrance of the Yacht Club. Call (208) 634-5253 for their summer cruise schedule.
2. Jug Mountain Ranch is 0pen for golf, dining, hiking and mountain bike riding! Call them for more details at (208) 634-5072. The McCall Golf Course is open for play and dining as well! Call them at (208) 634-7200 for tee times and dining hours.
3. For the active souls, hiking and biking is outstanding right now. Bear Basin, Ponderosa State Park, Jug Mountain Ranch, Brundage Mountain, Goose Creek Falls, Boulder/Louie Lake, and too many other locales to mention. Make sure to pick up your maps at the McCall Chamber Office.
4. Live Music: Typically at Crusty’s Pizza McCall, The Anchor, Broken Horn Brewing Company, The Yacht Club and Foresters. Check out their Facebook pages for times and dates.
5. Eats & Drinks: So many wonderful places to wine and dine in McCall. My go-to faves are Rupert’s Restaurant, The Sushi Bar McCall, Bistro 45, The Salmon River Brewery, Steamers Steak & Seafood Restaurant, Shore Lodge – McCall, Ruby’s Kitchen, McCall Brewing Company, 2 Sisters Country Store in Lake Fork, the new Café 6three4, and of course Stacey Cakes!
6. Wine & Beer: Bistro 45 has a great “wine wall” and perfect courtyard to sip and savor or play a game or two of bocce ball, but also try Mountain Java for their cool wine collection and adorable outdoor wine bar.
7. Rent a bike at Gravity Sports, Hometown Sports, or try the zippy electric bicycles at Apex – electric bike rentals and sales in the Alpine Village McCall condo complex.
8. Visit MCPAWS Regional Animal Shelter and adopt a Furrever Friend! It’s kitten season!
9. Did someone say “Shopping”? There are so many fun shops in and around McCall. My faves? Razzle Dazzle, McCall Jewelry Company, Mountain Monkey Business, Gravity Sports, Hometown Sports!